Study Day at Worcester Museum
On 4 October 2019 ECC Members and friends of the Museum of Royal Worcester attended a Worcester Porcelain Study Day held in the Henry Sandon Hall at the Museum.
Attendees were delighted to hear a celebratory address at the event from Henry Sandon himself in his own hall.
Attendees heard talks about the Worcester factory by five expert speakers:
- Limehouse, Bristol and Worcester, fact and fiction – Ray Jones
- The first decade of Worcester Porcelain, a collectors view – Peter White
- Dazzling Splendour, the decoration of the Giles atelier – Paul Crane
- New Findings on Flight and Barr – Charles Dawson
- Great figures who modelled Worcester figures: W B Kirk, James Hadley, Freda Doughty and Doris Lindner – John Sandon